ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: ODE Enhancements and Rodamap question
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:57:57 GMT
On 1/23/07, Viraf Bankwalla <viraf_bankwalla@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What are the goals and date for the first release, and what is the plan to
> keep ode, tempo and bpmn designer in sync.

I don't want to speak for the project, so I'll state my own goals and hope
that others will chime in with their own agenda ;)  What I'd like to see is
a first incubator release of Apache Ode sometime in Q1/2007 that can be
deployed easily on top of Axis2 1.1.x or any JBI container and can run most,
if not any, BPEL 1.1/2.0 process definitions.   This mostly requires
stabilizing the OpenJPA-based persistence implementation and ironing out a
few other issues reported on this list.

I guess we could create an "Incubator-1" milestone in Jira to assign issues
we want resolved before this first release.  This would help focus our
efforts on this goal and provide a more straightforward progress meter for
everybody.  What do you think?

alex