ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenJPA big bang
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 00:42:22 GMT
Hi all,

The world as you know it has just changed. Well, at least some part of it.
I've just committed the change in ODE from Hibernate to OpenJPA so now the
WAR produced by the build uses OpenJPA by default. It seems to work properly
from what I've tried. I have a feeling that it's not using the transaction
manager properly yet and it's in autocommit but I'm not quite sure, I still
have to work on that. But most processes should work anyway.

In case of emergency, you can set the system property 'ode.persistence' to
'hibernate' and it will switch back to Hibernate after a restart. But if you
find a bug, fixing it or yelling would be better anyway.

Last but not least, I had to fight a lot with Maven to get things roughly
working. However the enhancement of persistence classes in the bpel-store
won't work if you run a global build. You will have to build bpel-store
individually first and then build everything. For some reason
maven.plugin.classpath doesn't get set properly when doing a reactor build,
if somebody knows a workaround, that would be great.

Thanks to Lance for doing most of the JPA migration work!

Matthieu