ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: JBI and correlation of MessageExchange
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 23:06:23 GMT

> On 3/28/07, Matthieu Riou <matthieu.riou@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > So I guess it would make sense to have the engine copy the mex
> properties
> > from myrole mex to partnerrole mex when it's invoking. Some sort of
> > property
> > propagation feature. The only place where this is possible is when the
> > partner role mex is created, right where the invocation is triggered in
> > BpelRuntimeContextImpl.invoke(). Here you have the partner mex that is
> > being
> > created and also the my role mex that originated the exchange
> > (_instantiatingMessageExchange). So copying properties from the latter
> > the former wouldn't be so hard I guess.
> >
> > And then it would be easy in MessageExchangeContextImpl.invokePartner()
> > get the properties from the partner mex and and set them on the jbi mex.
> > Makes sense?
>

> This isn't entirely clear to me.    The mex that originated the exchange
> isn't necessarily the instantiating mex.  That's what held me from
> commenting on this thread so far.   Implementing the feature for the
> instantiating mex is interesting but doesn't cover the general case.

I'm sure everyone will agree that a partner with two roles is begging for
some linkage between these two ports. The only question is what.

Do you copy all the properties? What if some properties must not be copied?
What it some must be copied only on the first interaction, and retained
afterwards? What if the absense of some should signal a fault? What about
assymetrical properties (sender becomes receiver, ID becomes reference)?

Sounds to me like a protocol where you get to say "send me back the
correlation set I sent you, send me back the message ID but call it
reference, and don't send me back my callback address, that's yours to
keep".

Sans any prescribed behavior for a particular protocol we want to support,
this is just creating something that works some times and may horrible break
in other times.

Assaf

To locate the mex you would have to look in the outstanding mex map and

--
CTO, Intalio
http://www.intalio.com