ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: JBI and correlation of MessageExchange
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:51:33 GMT
On 3/28/07, Matthieu Riou <matthieu.riou@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I guess it would make sense to have the engine copy the mex properties
> from myrole mex to partnerrole mex when it's invoking. Some sort of
> property
> propagation feature. The only place where this is possible is when the
> partner role mex is created, right where the invocation is triggered in
> BpelRuntimeContextImpl.invoke(). Here you have the partner mex that is
> being
> created and also the my role mex that originated the exchange
> (_instantiatingMessageExchange). So copying properties from the latter to
> the former wouldn't be so hard I guess.
>
> And then it would be easy in MessageExchangeContextImpl.invokePartner() to
> get the properties from the partner mex and and set them on the jbi mex.
> Makes sense?

This isn't entirely clear to me.    The mex that originated the exchange
isn't necessarily the instantiating mex.  That's what held me from
commenting on this thread so far.   Implementing the feature for the
instantiating mex is interesting but doesn't cover the general case.

To locate the mex you would have to look in the outstanding mex map and
probably use the scope hierarchy to determine which is the eldest.  I think
we would need to provide a new API method to the engine to enable this.

alex