ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Process Versioning
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 23:42:43 GMT
Jim,

You're correct. However you need to add the endpoint definition to your
example.

If process C-1 uses endpoint foo and C-2 uses endpoint foo as well, then C-2
must be retired anyway and A can't continue using C-2. Otherwise your two
endpoints would conflict and the result is a mess. You can't enable two
processes (even two versions of the same process definition) on a single
endpoint.

On the other end if you changed C to use a different endpoint and you still
want to keep C-1 around you can still do it by "branching" which would be
renaming C to D for example and you would have C-1 and D-2 (remember that
the version number is increased globally, subversion style). That would be
an endpoint change so you'd have to update B to make it use the new endpoint
for D.

Cheers,
Matthieu