ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Ode 1.1 Roadmap
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 18:00:26 GMT
On 6/5/07, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:

> This is not to say that a nice pure REST interface doesn't have its
> merits. However, BPEL is naturally limited in its RESTfulness by its
> intrinsic modeling based on XSD.

I think this is a problem of BPEL itself that's made to fit around the WSDL
SOAP-centric model, and the best way to solve it is by extending BPEL to
allow invocation on resources. I'm interested in coming up with a short spec
to extend BPEL just enough to make it REST friendly.

Anyone else interested in something like that?

Assaf

Sanjiva.