ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Brown" <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Late binding vs. early binding
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:28:35 GMT
On 6/14/07, Matthieu Riou <matthieu.riou@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently when you deploy a process, very little gets loaded to save memory
> (some people deploy a lot of processes without using them all). This kind of
> goes with the dehydration but it's just that the default for now is to never
> fully load a process as long as it's not used.
> However this has some side effects. Mostly you can never be sure after
> deployment that your process is fully okay, including the services that it
> should invoke. Because the messaging layer loads the WSDL only at first
> invocation, you might get a nasty error there saying that the services
> declared in your deploy.xml don't exist at all in your WSDL. Which is
> usually true but it's the kind of things you'd rather find out at deployment
> time.

Hmmm.  Hmmmm.

Well, this seems like functionality that should be part of the bpelc
step in the toolchain and not part of deployment.  It's a usability
nightmare to have to debug your process and accompanying metadata at
deployment time only, and in a production/secure environment, getting
access to logs may be inconvenient or impossible.  (This was part of
the motivation for bpelc as a commandline tool in the first place...)

How about a "deploycheck" commandline tool or other such that provides
this functionality, either as an alternative to the less lazy loading
or as an adjunct?  (Seems like we could just use the same code, more
or less.)

--
paulrbrown@gmail.com
http://mult.ifario.us/