ode-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Alateras <j...@comware.com.au>
Subject Re: Ode 1.1 Roadmap
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 22:46:48 GMT
Alex Boisvert wrote:
> On 5/31/07, Paul R Brown <paulrbrown@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi, Alex --
>>
>> > * BPEL 2.0 Compliance
>> >   1) Support <toParts> and <fromParts>
>> >   2) Invoking with variables that are not messages
>> >   3) Isolated Scopes
>>
>> Yes, please.  The toParts/fromParts in particular.  (Sure, I'll
>> volunteer.)
>

> Thanks!   The tracker for this issue is
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-118
> Can you reassign to yourself and update it as soon as you get started?
>

>> * Implement all management queries with OpenJPA
>> > * Provide a management console
>>
>> Hmmm.  How would this work?  Web-based?
>

> Yes, web-based is what I had in mind and what most people expect nowadays.
> A viable alternative would be to push towards more JMX support and reuse
> the
> generic management consoles out there (e.g. MC4J).   Whoever wants to
> commit
> for that project gets to chose his/her favorite web framework (joy!), as
> long as it runs on the JVM, I suppose.
>
>> * Replace Quartz scheduler with something better performance-wise
>> > * Expose management APIs in a RESTful manner  (we have a volunteer
>> > for this)
>>
>> We're close there now, with AXIS2, although the argument names are
>> all hodgy-podgy.  (I've used them successfully.)
>

> It would be interesting to hear your experience about this....  I've spoken
> to Jim Alateras who's been approaching it from the RESTlet perspective.
> Maybe it's time to share thoughts and small victories ;)

I'm not familiar with the rest support in axis2 and how well it aligns
with the general REST architectural style. I have used the restlet
framework on other projects and have been happy with it. The abstraction
of REST concepts (Resources, URIs and Representations) are relatively
good and the support is first class.

I have put together a straw man rest application, which i have deployed
on the geronimo along with ode and with some help from Alex was able to
connect to the process manager and retrieve a list of process models
using some thing like /processes/models.

cheers
</jima>