ode-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Ode 1.1 Roadmap
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:22:14 GMT
Paul Brown wrote:
> On 6/1/07, Jim Alateras <jima@comware.com.au> wrote:
>> I'm not familiar with the rest support in axis2 and how well it aligns
>> with the general REST architectural style. I have used the restlet
>> framework on other projects and have been happy with it. The abstraction
>> of REST concepts (Resources, URIs and Representations) are relatively
>> good and the support is first class.
>
> The AXIS2 support is not that RESTful, i.e., it's a mapping of HTTP
> GET with parameters onto operations without regard to the underlying
> resources.

Just for clarification, Axis2's HTTP support can be used to define a fully
RESTful HTTP binding if that's what you want. We fully support the WSDL
2.0 HTTP binding. However you can do non-RESTful HTTP bindings too.

This is not to say that a nice pure REST interface doesn't have its
merits. However, BPEL is naturally limited in its RESTfulness by its
intrinsic modeling based on XSD.

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.