ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ode Performance: Round I
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 22:08:27 GMT
Two things:

1. We should also consider caching the Jacob state. Instead of always
serializing / writing and reading / deserializing, caching those states
could save us a lot of reads.

2. Cutting down the transaction count is a significant refactoring so I
would start a new branch for that (maybe ODE 2.0?). And we're going to need
a lot of tests to chase regressions :)

I think 1 could go without a branch. It's not trivial but I don't think it
would take more than a couple of weeks (I would have to get deeper into the
code to give a better evaluation).