ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Mentor
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:05:30 GMT
Hi Niclas,

Welcome in ODE, it's great to have you here!

Here are my comments:

- Establish a PPMC, with the goal of becoming the graduated projects PMC.

Yep, certainly. How do you want to handle this? I can start a separate
thread with the name of all the active committers and they can each reply if
they're interested. Would that work to come up with a first list that you
guys can vote on?

- Cut a release for the Incubator's review process. (this does not have
>    to be a technically functional release, but for the legal review that
>    you will be expected to be aware of once you are ready to release
>    proper.)

We've released a 1.0 a week ago and have been through all the legal review
you're mentioning ([1]). Not that we don't have another release cooking,
we've just had some roadmap discussion (starting at [2]) for a 1.1. But I
think we've demonstrated our awareness of the legal process with 1.0.

- Graduate. (Incubator holds too many podlings.)

Oh yeah!

Timeline for this to be determined.

It mostly depends whether we need another incubator release or not I think.
As we just released, coming up with another one, even minor, would maybe
take from 1 to 2 months if we want to show at least a few more stuff (like
almost full BPEL compliance). Otherwise I guess it's just going to be a lot
of cleanup to get ready for graduation.

Thanks again for volunteering in helping us!

Matthieu

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200705.mbox/%3cfbdc6a970705281352w7353531cs4e20a4e5150e9870@mail.gmail.com%3e
[2]