ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Late binding vs. early binding
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:41:35 GMT
I agree with the intent but it has non trivial implications. In the current
code base only the ILs now what a service really is, endpoints are
completely opaque to the server, which is good. And sometimes even the IL
doesn't know everything about an endpoint, only whatever we're hooked to
knows (think Axis2 or the JBI bus).

I guess we could have some sort of "best effort" tool that tries to guess
which IL you want to use, tries to understand the format of your endpoints
and all that stuff. But if we write it with only SOAP/HTTP in mind and
somebody configures Axis2 to use JMS, the tool will fail even if your
endpoint is fine.