ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Human Tasks
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 02:33:56 GMT

> Alex Boisvert wrote:
> > We're open to bringing Tempo under the Apache umbrella if there's
> > sufficient interest.  It would be a good step towards building a
> > more complete BPM solution at Apache.
>
> Personally, I consider support for human participation in workflows to be
> vital, so I'd be in favor of accepting a contribution to further that
> goal.

I think there's still several pieces missing to get a solid set of BPM
bricks in the ASF. ODE is just the first part but I'd personally like to see
the following pieces implemented and made to work together:

   - a web service orchestration engine (ODE)
   - human participation (could be Tempo)
   - small footprint, embeddable process execution environment,
   addressing the "programming in the small" set of problems (ala jbpm)

There's much more than that to BPM but that's a lot of work already and we
can't dilute ourselves too much. However I think that's what we should push
for.

Matthieu