ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Janne Savukoski" <ja...@savukoski.name>
Subject Re: Deploying precompiled processes
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 07:30:25 GMT
On 8/29/07, Matthieu Riou <matthieu@offthelip.org> wrote:
> On 8/28/07, Janne Savukoski <janne@savukoski.name> wrote:
> >
> > I have the deploy.xml there, but some xsd/wsdls may be missing.
> > However, from the code it strongly looks like the execution is aborted
> > if no bpels are found.
> >
> > The relevant(?) two stack pointers are following:
> >
> > org/apache/ode/store/DeploymentUnitDir.java:123
> > org/apache/ode/store/ProcessStoreImpl.java:165
> >
> > and there the DeploymentUnitDir throws an exception; ProcessStoreImpl
> > never gets to 'du.scan()' at 172. After I manually skipped the
> > exception the deploy seemed to complete normally.
>

> Yeah, I think the BPEL is always needed. We've never thought that the
> ability to deploy without the BPEL (and only the cbp) could be a needed
> feature. What's your use case?
>
> We're basically always requiring the BPEL because others than us could need
> it (mostly through the management console). It's just a conservative
> approach.
>
> Cheers,
> Matthieu

Hi Matthieu,

We have a little more 'managed' compilation process under work,
including the handling of xsd/wsdl-files, and we wouldn't like to
build this environment inside Ode. I could of course include the
.bpel-files inside DU, but I'd rather not see them actually get
compiled (as that'd require me to handle the 'attachments' twice.)
Also, an external compilation phase gives me a little more control
over the process.

But, this is no problem, as the Ode-side is easy-- and actually nice
:) --to tweak. This was just a little peculiarity I needed to confirm.

Thanks for the great engine!

-janne

--
Janne Savukoski