ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Sandbox
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 01:24:50 GMT
On 11/17/07, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Assaf
>
>   Would this be more like a human worflow ?

Big part of it.

Right now we don't have an easy way to get people involved in the
process.  I think it makes most sense to break up the human workflow
into three parts.

The workflow part decides which task happens next, for example, that
the next thing to do is have John approve the new order.

The task manager is responsible for assigning tasks to people,
accessing the task list, handling delegation, e-mail, calendaring,
etc.  By keeping it separate you can drive tasks from different
applications, including but not just Ode.

And separately, UI for presenting these tasks and having people
complete them, separate so we don't have to pick the One True Way to
do UI.

Assaf

--
CTO, Intalio