ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Sandbox
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:35:47 GMT
On 11/19/07, Tammo van Lessen <tvanlessen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Assaf,
>
> great idea! How is it related to WS-HT and B4P?

B4P is an activity you can use to specify tasks which in my opinion is
much easier than dealing with invoke/receive and tricky assigns, and
I'd like to see that happen.  It's specific to Ode, and will work as
long as you use the right task manager API.

WS-HT is a SOAP protocol for talking to the task manager.  I'm
starting with a REST implementation, it's much easier to use and maps
nicely to the notion of tasks as resources.

> Does this also include passing context data between both parts? Having
> a staff query only in the task manager this may cause troubles if you
> want to model things like "The reviewer must be a different person
> than the author", but both are in the set returned by a query
> "researchers".

Yes.  One of the outputs of a completed task will be its owner, for
the case when you want to preclude that person from the next task (in
fact, all stakeholders will be listed in the completion notification).

Assaf

--
CTO, Intalio
http://www.intalio.com