ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Which branch for the development
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 14:24:07 GMT
Hi Thilina,

We are doing development on both 1.1 branch and the trunk.   The main
guideline is that all bug fixes and enhancements made to the 1.1 branch are
also ported to the trunk in a timely manner (where applicable).   We want to
avoid a big-bang porting effort when we decide to close the 1.1 branch.

The trunk is a refactored codebase intended to better support different
messaging styles (blocking, async, reliable, transacted).  It is usable but
no yet as stable as 1.1.  We welcome development, testing and feedback on
the -trunk.

I would say use 1.1 if you need the feature integrated in a stable build in
the short-term (1-2 months) and it can be easily ported to the trunk (e.g.
the feature doesn't involve messaging styles).  Otherwise I would use the
trunk right away.

alex