ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Tammo van Lessen" <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sandbox
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:00:32 GMT
Hi Assaf,

great idea! How is it related to WS-HT and B4P?

> I think it makes most sense to break up the human workflow
> into three parts.
>
> The workflow part decides which task happens next, for example, that
> the next thing to do is have John approve the new order.
>
> The task manager is responsible for assigning tasks to people,
> accessing the task list, handling delegation, e-mail, calendaring,
> etc.  By keeping it separate you can drive tasks from different
> applications, including but not just Ode.
Does this also include passing context data between both parts? Having
a staff query only in the task manager this may cause troubles if you
want to model things like "The reviewer must be a different person
than the author", but both are in the set returned by a query
"researchers".

Cheers,
  Tammo
--