ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Tammo van Lessen" <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Variable declaration in VariableEvents
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 23:32:26 GMT
Hi Matthieu,

On Nov 29, 2007 5:15 PM, Matthieu Riou <matthieu@offthelip.org> wrote:
> I'm a bit ambivalent about that modification. It would certainly be useful
> but so far we've avoided "leaking" the OModel to a public interface. We
> really want to be able to change the OModel at will without worrying about
> APIs migration. And passing the variable gives you access to a lot of
> internal objects.
Definitely, that's why I was asking... Especially with multiple
coexistent OModel versions (which is just creating a knot in mind when
I think about the runtime module supporting multiple OModel versions
in different namespaces - how do we do that?).

> Isn't there any other way for you?
Hm, I don't think so - but since this part of Ode is quite stable I
think maintaining a fork should not cause so much trouble.

Cheers,
  Tammo
--
Tammo van Lessen - tvanlessen@gmail.com - http://www.taval.de