ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject January Board Report
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:42:48 GMT
Hi guys,

It's our turn to report again. I'm planning to submit the report below later
today. Feel free to update the wiki page if you have additions/corrections.

Cheers,
Matthieu

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ODExSITE/Board+Report+2008-01

There are no specific issue relevant to the board at the moment.

Release
-------
A minor release 1.1.1 should be issued in the coming days, we're currently
voting on it. We've also working on backward compatibility of our trunk to
release it later on without too much hassles for our users.

Development
-----------
The main feature addition has been "remote variables" which basically allows
you to store BPEL variables externally to the process engine (in a DB, with
REST calls). We also have a specification to support REST with BPEL by
adding a few extensions and we're planning on implementing it soon. Support
for BPEL extensions has been finalized. Work on SimPEL, our simple process
execution language, has started, the language is now almost settled after
very interesting discussions.

Community
---------
Nothing really new on the community side. We see new users arriving
regularly which is healthy. All the discussions around SimPEL have been
pretty passionate but never conflicting, giving good karma to all our dev
community.