ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Building ODE
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:02:20 GMT
Hi Alessio,

I know from first-hand experience that Ode builds on Linux (Debian and
Ubuntu), Windows 2000/XP and OS X in various configurations.

Couple of tips for you,
1) Use JDK 1.5.x  (RJB, the Ruby Java Bridge, still has issues with JDK 1.6)
2) Make sure you set JDK 1.5 as your JAVA_HOME during the installation of
Buildr, RJB, etc.
3) On 64-bit machines, Java uses more memory (sometimes as much as 2X), so
you might want to try tuning the Rakefile to use higher memory limits

Then again, I haven't tested on 64-bit configurations yet so that might be
the main issue.  I'll get my hands on an AMD64 machine within the next month
or so, so I'll be in a better position to test things out.   In general, it
would be helpful to trace or run the build in a debugger to get a better
idea where the segfault is happening.

thanks,
alex