ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Ode and GSoC
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:14:14 GMT
Since everybody's throwing suggestions around and depending on the kind of
challenge you're ready to accept, I'll suggest Lift (http://demo.liftweb.net)
as a web framework.  It uses Scala as the underlying language (better than
Java) and has great AJAX support, including native jQuery integration.
Deploying Lift webapps is the same as any Java .war file, so it should be
instantly familiar to our existing user base.

JRuby/Rails would also be a viable alternative.  I think forward-thinking
web frameworks are a more fertile learning grounds than yesterday's
technology (referring specifically to Java/JSPs) and I think that's a key
component of the Google Summer of Code project.

alex