ode-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ritz Bossicard <vladi...@ritz-bossicard.com>
Subject Re: [gsoc] Monitoring Console / Architecture
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 06:23:06 GMT
All,

I've been listening to the conversation and I would like to make a
suggestion.  If it is completely off-topic, please just disregard it.

Why not exposing ODE's various management functionalities via JMX?  The
Monitoring Console would simply be a web based JMX console (similar to
JManage) with the latest-greatest Web 2.0 technologies.

I see several advantages:
   * the project can be split into two: 1) JMX interface for ODE 2) JMX
management web application; Potentially 2 different students could
tackle the tasks
   * the JMX management console could also be used by other projects
since it wouldn't be ODE specific

Again, since I don't know ODE's architecture very well, these remarks
may simply not apply.

Best regards,

-Vladimir

>>> http://wiki.apache.org/general/MilindaLakmal/ApacheODEAJAXBasedMonitoringConsole/Requirements