ode-dev mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [gsoc] Monitoring Console / Architecture
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 09:43:55 GMT
Assaf Arkin wrote:

>>> PUT, DELETE not supported on Safari, and on some browsers may not do the
>>> right thing (you don't want to get a cached copy of a deleted resource).
>>>
>> I should have known that. Is there one Web standard correctly implemented
>> by all vendors? :)
>

> I think they all implement the blink tag the same way :-)

Clear case for Captian Obvious: Build a consortium, call it, lets say,
Web Architecture Interoperability (WA-I) and come up with a Basic
Profile for solving interoperability issues in Web Architectures by
restrictions:
   For UI rendering:
   - Restrict HTML to <blink> being the only properly supported element.
   - Forbid CSS and JavaScript
   For transfer:
   - Restrict HTTP to HEAD, GET and POST (as other verbs aren't fully
supported by all browsers and frameworks).

May be I missed some others, the more restrictions the better :p

Cheers,
   Tammo