ode-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Brown <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [gsoc] Monitoring Console / Architecture
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 18:22:17 GMT

On May 16, 2008, at 10:55 AM, Milinda Pathirage wrote:
> [...] If we use Atom API, I think we can implement a API like Google
> Data API :).
> Frankly, I don't have any experience with pros and cons of these
> technologies.

I don't know what Atom would do for us, and even if it does something,
I have a feeling that it's orthogonal to an AJAXy management console.
(I can see Atom as a way to publish a stream of events out of the
engine, but we'd need to either fix a presentation in (X)HTML or
extend Atom.)

Someone kick me if I'm not seeing something.

> [...] I think it's better we can first define the API in whatever
> the way (Web
> Services or REST) and then go for the UI. While defining API and
> implement
> it we can give a very basic level of Management interface by using
> currently
> available Web Service based API. Then we can identify the issues
> with the
> WS-* based API and also can discover more and more requirements.

Let's get a list of features laid out that we can prioritize and rate
for difficulty; then we can think about API/UI to support them.

-- Paul