ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Milinda Pathirage" <milinda.pathir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding more functionality to Management API
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:09:34 GMT
Hi,
I looked at code provided by Matthieu. I think for this phase we can use
that method to get the BPEL Process and WSDL. After we implement the ?bpel
feature we can include it in Management Console. I can look at possible
methods to implement authorization model for Management services.

Also I like to know your feedback about the current management and
monitoring console design. I feel that I have to redesign the way that I
list the processes and instances. And I hope to add 'View details' button
for every process which will show currently running instances of that
process, WSDL, and BPEL definitions in seperate window generated by
Javascript when user click the 'View details' button.

Please feel free to comment on this.

Thanks,
Milinda

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Tammo van Lessen <tvanlessen@gmail.com>
wrote:

> +1 for both approaches. I think in the medium-term we need an
> authorization model for management purposes, so we could let
> administrators decide who should be able to retrieve the full bpel and
> who is restricted to view only abstract processes. The problem with
> abstract processes is that someone has to define them in addition to
> the executable model... Not really an Ode problem but a tooling
> problem...
>
> Cheers,
>  Tammo
>
> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 09:54, Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Thilina Gunarathne <csethil@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> IIRC we can  already retrieve the wsdl using ?wsdl.. Not sure whether we
> >> can
> >> retrieve the bpel doc using ?bpel... But ?bpel would be a cool nice to
> have
> >> feature.
> >>

> > There is indeed a ?wsdl convention that allows you to retrieve the public
> > WSDL for a service. I think it will be a good idea to add ?bpel to obtain
> > the BPEL abstract, which extends the WSDL public interface with more
> > information.
> >
> > Not the BPEL process. That would be too much information. The BPEL
> process
> > is executable code, and people put all sort of things in there, I'm not
> sure
> > they would want those to leak to the world.
> >
> > The abstract can be used to omit all these details, and return something
> > that is for public consumption, along the same lines as the WSDL.
> >
> > Assaf
> >

> >> thanks,
> >> Thilina

> Monitoring