ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Adding more functionality to Management API
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 07:54:29 GMT
On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Thilina Gunarathne <csethil@gmail.com>
wrote:

> IIRC we can  already retrieve the wsdl using ?wsdl.. Not sure whether we
> can
> retrieve the bpel doc using ?bpel... But ?bpel would be a cool nice to have
> feature.

There is indeed a ?wsdl convention that allows you to retrieve the public
WSDL for a service. I think it will be a good idea to add ?bpel to obtain
the BPEL abstract, which extends the WSDL public interface with more
information.

Not the BPEL process. That would be too much information. The BPEL process
is executable code, and people put all sort of things in there, I'm not sure
they would want those to leak to the world.

The abstract can be used to omit all these details, and return something
that is for public consumption, along the same lines as the WSDL.

Assaf