ode-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jon Coogan (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Created: (ODE-379) Problem handling external WSDLs with multiple namespaces
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:22:44 GMT
Problem handling external WSDLs with multiple namespaces
--------------------------------------------------------

                 Key: ODE-379
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-379
             Project: ODE
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: Axis2 Integration
    Affects Versions: 1.2
            Reporter: Jon Coogan


I think I've discovered a bug in the way Ode 1.2 handles external WSDLs that contain multiple
namespaces.  For example, I have a web service that has the following format:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<definitions xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns:plnk="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/plnktype"
xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:xyzNamespace="xyz" name="SampleService"
targetNamespace="abc">
    <plnk:partnerLinkType name="SamplePartnerLinkType">
        <plnk:role name="SampleRole" portType="xyzNamespace:SamplePortType"/>
    </plnk:partnerLinkType>
    <import location="xyz.wsdl" namespace="xyz"/>
    <service name="SampleService">
        <port binding="xyzNamespace:SamplePortBinding" name="SamplePort">
            <soap:address location="http://xxxxxx/Sample"/>
        </port>
    </service>
</definitions>

The target namespace of the WSDL is "abc", but the service binding/operations/faults/etc are
actually declared in the "xyz" namespace.  As far as I can tell, this is perfectly legal.

The problem is that I can't get fault handling to work at all with a service like this.  The
WSDL defines a fault in the xyz namespace.  When I encounter the fault, I see this in the
Ode log:

WARN  [SoapExternalService]: Fault response: faultType={abc}SampleFault

What's puzzling about this is that the namespace is wrong.  The SampleFault is declared in
the xyz namespace, not the abc namespace.  I surmised that Ode somehow assumes that the faults
(and possibly other things) reside in the same namespace as the top-level WSDL.  

I did some snooping and found some code that seems to confirm this.  See parseSoapFault()
in:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/tags/APACHE_ODE_1.2/axis2/src/main/java/org/apache/ode/axis2/util/SoapMessageConverter.java.

The last line jumped out at me:

return new QName(_def.getTargetNamespace(), fdef.getName());

Now I am not very familiar with the Ode sources, but it looks the namespace is being pulled
off the top-level definition.  In this case, that is incorrect because the fault actually
has a different namespace.

I wonder if there are other areas where the same kinds of assumptions are made.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message