ode-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alex Boisvert (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (ODE-379) Problem handling external WSDLs with multiple namespaces
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:30:44 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-379?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Alex Boisvert updated ODE-379:
------------------------------

    Fix Version/s: 1.3

I'm marking this for 1.3 to at least provide a compiler error if the WSDL import namespace
isn't the same as the target namespace so people don't get tripped by this bug until it's
fixed.

> Problem handling external WSDLs with multiple namespaces
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: ODE-379
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-379
>             Project: ODE
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Axis2 Integration
>    Affects Versions: 1.2
>            Reporter: Jon Coogan
>             Fix For: 1.3
>
>
> I think I've discovered a bug in the way Ode 1.2 handles external WSDLs that contain
multiple namespaces.  For example, I have a web service that has the following format:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <definitions xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns:plnk="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/plnktype"
xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:xyzNamespace="xyz" name="SampleService"
targetNamespace="abc">
>     <plnk:partnerLinkType name="SamplePartnerLinkType">
>         <plnk:role name="SampleRole" portType="xyzNamespace:SamplePortType"/>
>     </plnk:partnerLinkType>
>     <import location="xyz.wsdl" namespace="xyz"/>
>     <service name="SampleService">
>         <port binding="xyzNamespace:SamplePortBinding" name="SamplePort">
>             <soap:address location="http://xxxxxx/Sample"/>
>         </port>
>     </service>
> </definitions>
> The target namespace of the WSDL is "abc", but the service binding/operations/faults/etc
are actually declared in the "xyz" namespace.  As far as I can tell, this is perfectly legal.
> The problem is that I can't get fault handling to work at all with a service like this.
 The WSDL defines a fault in the xyz namespace.  When I encounter the fault, I see this in
the Ode log:
> WARN  [SoapExternalService]: Fault response: faultType={abc}SampleFault
> What's puzzling about this is that the namespace is wrong.  The SampleFault is declared
in the xyz namespace, not the abc namespace.  I surmised that Ode somehow assumes that the
faults (and possibly other things) reside in the same namespace as the top-level WSDL.  
> I did some snooping and found some code that seems to confirm this.  See parseSoapFault()
in:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/tags/APACHE_ODE_1.2/axis2/src/main/java/org/apache/ode/axis2/util/SoapMessageConverter.java.
> The last line jumped out at me:
> return new QName(_def.getTargetNamespace(), fdef.getName());
> Now I am not very familiar with the Ode sources, but it looks the namespace is being
pulled off the top-level definition.  In this case, that is incorrect because the fault actually
has a different namespace.
> I wonder if there are other areas where the same kinds of assumptions are made.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message