ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Trouble with flows...
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 15:16:58 GMT
On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Vineesh Thomas <vinihi83@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried executing my bpel (with 3 parallel flows) with the latest version
> of
> ODE 1.2. As I mentioned it earlier I am using it as a webapp.
>
> I am consistently getting the following exception :
> "java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No such
> channel" followed by some id.
> (complete stacktrace attached with the mail)
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p20724657/stacktrace.txt stacktrace.txt

I would have to see your process and try to reproduce.

> Sometimes I also get a deadlock exception (am using internal derby db). Is
> the usage of an external DB recommended? Also do I need to do any extra
> configurations for the setting up adn using an external DB for ODE instead
> of Derby?

Yeah, Derby is intended as a testing database, it makes early
experimentation with ODE easier. But for concurrent use I would definitely
recommend switching to MySQL for example. Derby is just too pessimistic in
its locking to be of any use under even minimal load.

Cheers,
Matthieu