ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Instances
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:05:26 GMT
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:34 AM, Asif Iqbal <iqbalasif83@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I want to run multiple instances of process on ODE.
> E.g Once process will create multiple instance of
>

> I have 3 BPEL process. Process A (warehouse), Process B (box flow) and
> Process C (worker flow). Process A is main process. This will invoke Process
> B and Process C. Process C and Process B will also interact with each other.
>
> Process A invokes more than one instances of Process B and Process C e.g
> Process A invokes 4 instances of Process B and 3 instances of process C.
> Now question is that how instances of Process C (3 instance) and Process B
> (4 Instances) will interact with each other. For more clarification you can
> see attached image. And one by one interact with each other. Now for this I
> am searching.
>
> I deployed processes in ODE but when I am sending SOAP Req there is no
> response.
>
> If I use same BPEL for sigle instance then its working perfectly.
>
> Kindly also see attached image to get clear idea.

Your image has apparently been stripped by the mailing list. It's had to
guess without knowing exactly what you're doing or seeing logs but my hunch
would be that it's tied to correlation. For process to process interactions,
we use implicit correlations (see [1]). Those are tied to a partner link, so
for any interaction with a given partner link, the correlation will be
identical. If you happen to interact with several instances of another
process in parallel, this won't work.

In that case you're effectively dealing with different partners so you
should declare a different partner link for each separate instance of other
processes you're dealing with. Alternatively you can use explicit
correlation.

Cheers,
Matthieu

[1] http://ode.apache.org/implicit-correlations.html