ode-dev mailing list archives

From Dietmar Wolz <dietmar.w...@sopera.de>
Subject Eclipse Gallileo IP process for ODE, beta of ODE 2.0 urgently required
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:27:58 GMT
We in the Eclipse Swordfish team http://www.eclipse.org/swordfish/ are currently trying to
get  ODE through the Eclipse Foundation's IP process (license and intellectual property
checking, due diligence). This is the second planned usage of ODE in the Eclipse Runtime
beside the Eclipse SMILA project. Jürgen Schumacher from SMILA removed Jaxen and Saxon
dependencies from ODE - which is a prerequisite to get ODE through the eclipse IP compliance
process due to some license issues with Jaxen and Saxon. Our problem is that the eclipse IP
process only uses released software and ODE 1.2 cannot be used because of the Jaxen and Saxon
dependencies and missing functionality. Back in October an ODE 2.0 beta was thought doable
within "a week or two" - see below. We at Eclipse (Smila and Swordfish) urgently need a beta
release of
ODE 2.0. When can a beta be expected? Are there any plans for a trunk release?
It would help us very much.

Yours, Dr. Dietmar Wolz

>I think it would be doable to release Ode 2.0 beta 1 from the trunk within a week or two.
>What do others think about this?

>alex

>>On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:24 PM, <Juer...@empolis.com> wrote:
>>Hi,
>>I'm currently trying to get ODE through the Eclipse Foundation's IP process (license
and intellectual property
>>checking, due diligence) to be able to use in the Eclipse SMILA project, which is
usually no problem with Apache
>>software. However, we need the current trunk snapshot because we use extension activities.
Unfortunately, they
>>would like to avoid checking snapshot versions. So I would like to ask (yes, again,
sorry for bothering) if there are