ode-dev mailing list archives

From Sasa Bojanic <sasa.boja...@prozone.rs>
Subject Re: Searching for a sponsor for Shark project on Apache
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 13:51:56 GMT
Well, Shark also has well designed core...in general we can also support
something that is not XPDL since core is based on API. However, Shark
implementation is XPDL based and Shark interprets XPDL. We have the
complete XPDL object model that we also use in our JaWE editor which
supports XPDL 100%. I doubt BPEL's core can fit into XPDL.
By re-writing the core I basically mean extending XPDL object model and
adding more functionality to Shark as defined by XPDL 2.1 spec.

Thanks for the link about licenses...I think we will not have too much
problems here.

Regarding diversity, we plan to ask current Shark community as well as
the previous contributors to get more involved into the project. We also
expect some interest from the Apache community.

Greetings,
Sasa.