ode-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Weerasiri <ddweeras...@gmail.com>
Subject Exposing the debugging functionality as a web service.
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 07:59:58 GMT
Hi all,

I'm developing an Web service which will expose the debugging functionality
which can be used through
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelManagementFacadeImpl. I have few problems
regarding how it should exposed as a web service.

In a higher level process sequence is as follows.

   1.

   First user selects a particular process which is to be debugged and sends
   the list of breakpoints, processed XML data for each of the debug
   iterations, initial variable values, which operation to be invoked initially
   etc. to the ODE.
   2.

   Then the ODE will process the incoming data from the client side, set
   breakpoints to activities and initiate a instance of that process from an
   axis2 service client. Then the process will suspend at the first breakpoint
   it meets.
   3.

   Then the server will send the response to the client side including
   current status of the instance being debugged.
   4.

   Then again the user can go for the next possible breakpoint, or review
   the current variable informations using ODE Management API. As well users
   can restart the debugging process, terminate the debugging process etc.

I need some feedback on the above steps.

   - I'm not sure whether it is possible to review the real time variable
   informations from Management API, when a process suspends at a breakpoint.

   - If server side or client side gets down during the debugging process,
   I'm not clear whether ODE supports for reliable messaging from axis2 IL such
   that ODE can recover the debugging process to the previous state.

Best Regards,
Denis Weerasiri