ode-dev mailing list archives

From <j.p.r...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: Passing Custom SOAP Headers
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 22:45:40 GMT
Hi Alex,

Had a read of the link you sent and while I have to admit that I did not understand all of
the thread comments it certainly is in the same area of the problem that I am trying to solve.
 One thing (there are others!!) that confuses me is that the interface org.apache.ode.bpel.intercept.MessageExchangeInterceptor
is in the ODE code base (think Matthieu and some of the other guys on the thread implemented
it) and from looking at the API looks like it is intended to serve my purpose.  Would appreciate
if you could clarify why it is the wrong approach.

I would need a lot more time to be in a position where I think I could give design suggestions.....Only
just about to download the ODE source code!

Will revert privately ~late next week on financial support after talking with client (Intalio
customer).

Regards,
James

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Boisvert [mailto:boisvert@intalio.com]
Sent: 18 June 2009 19:02
To: dev@ode.apache.org
Subject: Re: Passing Custom SOAP Headers

Hi JP,

There's no clean and simple way to do this right now with Ode.  We've
discussed it a few times on the mailing list (most notably
here<http://markmail.org/message/7iozv6r55mprv3ej#query:JBI%20and%20correlation%20of%20MessageExchange%20ode+page:1+mid:gfxq2kpz4bgtpwiu+state:results>),
however no concrete design has been proposed and nothing has been
implemented towards supporting such implicit assignments (from the message
to the process and back).

It's been on the project's wishlist for a while now and I've had discussions
with Tammo van Lessen recently about getting it done sooner rather than
later.  You can contact me privately if you're interested in providing some
form financial support for such effort.  Design suggestions and patches are
also very welcome :)

I think your best alternative at this time would be to add explicit header
assignments.

alex