ode-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Revisiting the step mechanism in DebuggerSupport class
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:23:43 GMT
Hi Denis,

receive activities are translated into pick activities with a single
onMessage element during compilation.

Regarding the error, I can just guess. It looks a bit like a race
condition, perhaps the process instantiation is not yet committed but
the client is already about to suspend a (partially non-existent)
process instance?

Cheers,
  Tammo

Denis Weerasiri wrote:
> Another thing I can't understand is there are no "pick" elements in my bpel.
> 
> On 8/10/09, Denis Weerasiri <ddweerasiri@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> When the step operation is invoked in DebuggerSupport class, via the
>> BpelManagementFacadeImpl, it gives the following error. Can anybody
>> give me a hint on why this kind of a exception would occur?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Denis Weerasiri.
>>
>> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | handleWorkEvent: RESUME event for
>> process instance 151
>> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | SELECT: 33: USING CORRELATOR 4.request
>> ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Method "run" in class
>> "org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.PICK" threw an unexpected exception.
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.dao.jpa.MessageRouteDAOImpl.<init>(MessageRouteDAOImpl.java:70)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.dao.jpa.CorrelatorDAOImpl.addRoute(CorrelatorDAOImpl.java:66)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.select(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:334)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.RuntimeInstanceImpl.select(RuntimeInstanceImpl.java:138)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.PICK.run(PICK.java:122)
>> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> 	at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> 	at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:450)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU.execute(JacobVPU.java:139)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.RuntimeInstanceImpl.execute(RuntimeInstanceImpl.java:690)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.execute(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:778)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess.executeContinueInstanceResume(ODEProcess.java:251)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess.execInstanceEvent(ODEProcess.java:462)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess.access$200(ODEProcess.java:72)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess$2.run(ODEProcess.java:391)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts$1.call(Contexts.java:87)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts$1.call(Contexts.java:86)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts.execTransaction(Contexts.java:106)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts.execTransaction(Contexts.java:85)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl$TransactedRunnable.run(BpelServerImpl.java:1035)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker$2.call(BpelInstanceWorker.java:140)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker$2.call(BpelInstanceWorker.java:139)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker.doInstanceWork(BpelInstanceWorker.java:171)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker.run(BpelInstanceWorker.java:138)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess$ProcessRunnable.run(ODEProcess.java:770)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl$ServerRunnable.run(BpelServerImpl.java:977)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
>> 	at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
>> 	at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>> ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Work for instance
>> {http://LoanService.bpel}LoanService-1#151 in thread
>> Thread[ODEServerImpl-1,5,main] resulted in an exception.
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.iapi.BpelEngineException:
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts.execTransaction(Contexts.java:92)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl$TransactedRunnable.run(BpelServerImpl.java:1035)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker$2.call(BpelInstanceWorker.java:140)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker$2.call(BpelInstanceWorker.java:139)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker.doInstanceWork(BpelInstanceWorker.java:171)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker.run(BpelInstanceWorker.java:138)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess$ProcessRunnable.run(ODEProcess.java:770)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl$ServerRunnable.run(BpelServerImpl.java:977)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
>> 	at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
>> 	at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:463)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU.execute(JacobVPU.java:139)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.RuntimeInstanceImpl.execute(RuntimeInstanceImpl.java:690)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.execute(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:778)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess.executeContinueInstanceResume(ODEProcess.java:251)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess.execInstanceEvent(ODEProcess.java:462)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess.access$200(ODEProcess.java:72)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess$2.run(ODEProcess.java:391)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts$1.call(Contexts.java:87)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts$1.call(Contexts.java:86)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts.execTransaction(Contexts.java:106)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts.execTransaction(Contexts.java:85)
>> 	... 13 more
>> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.dao.jpa.MessageRouteDAOImpl.<init>(MessageRouteDAOImpl.java:70)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.dao.jpa.CorrelatorDAOImpl.addRoute(CorrelatorDAOImpl.java:66)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.select(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:334)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.RuntimeInstanceImpl.select(RuntimeInstanceImpl.java:138)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.PICK.run(PICK.java:122)
>> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> 	at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> 	at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:450)
>> 	... 24 more
>> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | Finished work for instance
>> {http://LoanService.bpel}LoanService-1#151 in thread
>> Thread[ODEServerImpl-1,5,main]
>> FATAL - GeronimoLog.fatal(120) | Unexpected error in instance 151
>> thread Thread[ODEServerImpl-1,5,main]; the error was not handled, it
>> is likely that this has corrupted the state of theinstance!
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.iapi.BpelEngineException:
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts.execTransaction(Contexts.java:92)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl$TransactedRunnable.run(BpelServerImpl.java:1035)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker$2.call(BpelInstanceWorker.java:140)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker$2.call(BpelInstanceWorker.java:139)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker.doInstanceWork(BpelInstanceWorker.java:171)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker.run(BpelInstanceWorker.java:138)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess$ProcessRunnable.run(ODEProcess.java:770)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl$ServerRunnable.run(BpelServerImpl.java:977)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
>> 	at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
>> 	at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:463)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU.execute(JacobVPU.java:139)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.RuntimeInstanceImpl.execute(RuntimeInstanceImpl.java:690)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.execute(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:778)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess.executeContinueInstanceResume(ODEProcess.java:251)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess.execInstanceEvent(ODEProcess.java:462)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess.access$200(ODEProcess.java:72)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess$2.run(ODEProcess.java:391)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts$1.call(Contexts.java:87)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts$1.call(Contexts.java:86)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts.execTransaction(Contexts.java:106)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.Contexts.execTransaction(Contexts.java:85)
>> 	... 13 more
>> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.dao.jpa.MessageRouteDAOImpl.<init>(MessageRouteDAOImpl.java:70)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.dao.jpa.CorrelatorDAOImpl.addRoute(CorrelatorDAOImpl.java:66)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.select(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:334)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.RuntimeInstanceImpl.select(RuntimeInstanceImpl.java:138)
>> 	at org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.PICK.run(PICK.java:122)
>> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> 	at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> 	at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:450)
>> 	... 24 more
>>


-- 
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de

Mime
View raw message