ode-dev mailing list archives

From Rafal Rusin <rafal.ru...@gmail.com>
Subject WS Human Tasks implementation
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 09:57:12 GMT
Hello,

we started recently wsht project at TouK, which aims at implementing
WS Human Tasks spec
(http://top.touk.pl/confluence/display/top/WSHT+-+WS+Human+Tasks+Implementation).
In current version, there is implemented about 20% of spec, which
includes task creation, assigning, retrieval. Persistence is
implemented. Currently, there are no task escalations and
notifications.

We would like to donate it to Apache and continue development here.

I saw some discussion before, which pointed that this kind of project
would be desired at Apache
(http://markmail.org/thread/es3h3yprjrttxhlu).
There was also Agila project in Apache Incubator, which was meant to
implement Human Workflow solution, but it's abandoned (IMO because of
too broad scope - it included BPEL engine implmentation and web
console for management, details are here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/agila/trunk).

So we would like to shorten this scope and implement only services for
WS Human Tasks spec. This would consist of 2 distributions (war and
jbi) which would expose web services for tasks management. I saw there
was some interest on ServiceMix mailing list too, so I think jbi
distribution would be desired
(http://markmail.org/thread/svyxd6xrm2tbwnsz).

>From our side following people are willing to develop this project:
- Jakub Kurlenda <jkr@touk.pl>
- Mateusz Lipczyński <mlp@touk.pl>
- Michał Zalewski <mzl@touk.pl>
- Rafał Rusin <rr@apache.org>
- Ula Trzaskowska <utr@touk.pl>
- Warren Crossing <wcr@touk.pl>
- Witek Wołejszo <ww@touk.pl>

Is there anyone here willing to champion such project?

I believe also that there can be other code bases for proposal. We are
open for collaboration to get a satisfying WS Human Tasks
implementation.

Regards,
--
Rafał Rusin