ode-dev mailing list archives

From Karthick Sankarachary <sankarach...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Include event_handler_1x.patch into ODE-1.X
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 19:53:41 GMT
Rafal,

To mitigate against any potential compatibility issues, I suggest that you
write the OutstandingRequestManager such that it works even if the new field
that you added (i.e. _replyRid) has not been initialized. Specifically, if
that field is null you probably want to assume that there's no reply
corresponding to the entry in question. This sanity check will help ensure
that instances started prior to the upgrade do not break down due to this
change in the process model.

I will hold off on my vote until after I've had a chance to review the patch
completely.

Best Regards,
Karthick Sankarachary