ode-dev mailing list archives

From Rafal Rusin <ra...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Problem with database connections within an Extension activity
Date Sat, 22 May 2010 14:48:56 GMT
2010/5/22 Milinda Pathirage <milinda.pathirage@gmail.com>

> Hi Tammo and Rafal,
>
> We like to donate BPEL4People extension for ODE and continue development
> inside ODE. I'll start a separate thread on this. Also it'll be great if we
> can get HISE incubator project into ODE project and complete the human task
> implementation also inline with BPEL4People extension. AFAIK, we can move
> HISE to ODE.
>
> Our plan is to first implement BPEL4People with separate task engine and
> after that we can consider embeding task engine to ODE itself as described
> in BPEL4People specification and implement the BPEL4People compilation
> things in ODE.
>
> WDYT?

Sounds great.
It's really a good idea to combine efforts on Human Tasks.
HISE needs a separate distribution (war and osgi), because there is interest
in using it as
standalone engine (and connect for example to CAMEL).
But I think it's a very good idea to include it in ODE sources (in trunk).
I think it will be good to have following structure:
trunk/ode-scheduler
trunk/ode-compiler
trunk/ode-axis2-war
trunk/ode-bpel4people
trunk/hise-services
trunk/hise-web (war assembly)
etc.

This is, because ODE's goal is to have a set of small modules with minimal
dependencies, which can be assembled
(and reassembled) to construct full featured BPMS. (
http://ode.apache.org/architectural-overview.html)

In future we will have additional modules and assemblies for example to
support BPMN2, like
trunk/ode-bpmn2-war

Thanks

--