ode-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Anderson <nickmalt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Changing roadmap for JPA refactoring
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:32:16 GMT
HI Rafal,

I have attached the generated derby DDL scripts for the hibernate DAO (derby-hib.sql) and
JPA DAO (derby.sql). They are very similar and it shouldn't be much of a problem to make the
JPA entities map to the hibernate schema. It is probably best that there is one static and
supported DB schema anyway.

While addressing the JPA changes we should also consider upgrading to JPA 2.0. There are only
a few features that would simplify the JPA code but if there are not that many current ODE
JPA users it would be best to start off with the latest version and avoid future versioning
conflicts.

Regards,

Aaron

From: Rafal Rusin <rafal@intalio.com>

To: Jeff Yu <jeff.yuchang@gmail.com>; Aaron Anderson <nickmalthus@yahoo.com>
Cc: dev@ode.apache.org
Sent: Thu, June 10, 2010 9:01:00 AM
Subject: Changing roadmap for JPA refactoring

Hello,

is this possible (and how much effort it is) to make JPA (hibernate powered version) work
on the same schema as dao-hib does?
This way we could migrate all current hibernate users to JPA in future and finally drop hib-dao.
I believe there are not much current OpenJPA users, so we can modify this schema. On the other
hand, there's a lot of dao-hib users,
so we really want to migrate them (because of later drop for dao-hib).

What do you think?

--
Regards,
RafaƂ Rusin