ode-dev mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extension activities
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:03:19 GMT
Hi Waruna,

Cool, that would be great. I think the best reference is [1], plus some
basic testing would be needed I guess.

The aim is that the runtime with the modified OModel is still capable to
a) successfully read old CBP files (think of long running processes that
run for years that need to be continued on a new ODE version) and b)
successfully run these processes. I believe adding new fields to the
OModel and then loading an old CBP file will set all new fields to null.
Thus, we must ensure that the runtime code won't throw any NPE in this case.

Thanks,
  Tammo

[1]
http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/platform/serialization/spec/version.html#6678