ode-dev mailing list archives

From fyrachek <fyrac...@gmail.com>
Subject NullPointerException while deploying WS-BPEL1 project.
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 11:33:15 GMT

During deploying simple WS-BPEL_1 project i got this exception at the ODE
log.

2011-05-04 13:48:00 DeploymentPoller [ERROR] Deployment of HelloWorld
failed, aborting for now.
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.ode.utils.xsl.XslTransformHandler.setErrorListener(XslTransformHandler.java:172)
	at org.apache.ode.bpel.compiler.BpelC.invalidate(BpelC.java:88)
	at org.apache.ode.bpel.compiler.BpelC.compile(BpelC.java:289)
	at org.apache.ode.bpel.compiler.BpelC.compile(BpelC.java:333)
	at org.apache.ode.store.DeploymentUnitDir$5.run(DeploymentUnitDir.java:204)
	at org.apache.ode.utils.InternPool.runBlock(InternPool.java:57)
	at
org.apache.ode.store.DeploymentUnitDir.compile(DeploymentUnitDir.java:201)
	at
org.apache.ode.store.DeploymentUnitDir.compile(DeploymentUnitDir.java:162)
	at org.apache.ode.store.ProcessStoreImpl.deploy(ProcessStoreImpl.java:204)
	at org.apache.ode.store.ProcessStoreImpl.deploy(ProcessStoreImpl.java:172)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.deploy.DeploymentPoller.check(DeploymentPoller.java:160)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.deploy.DeploymentPoller.access$300(DeploymentPoller.java:60)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.deploy.DeploymentPoller$PollingThread.run(DeploymentPoller.java:251)

I was curious and I download ODE source code to debug it.

While debugging I found out that the transformerFactory variable of
XslTransformHandlerwas class not initialized by invoking method :

   public void setTransformerFactory(TransformerFactory transformerFactory)
{
        _transformerFactory = transformerFactory;
   }

As it turned out in the case of WS-BPEL_2 this variable is initialized in
the constructor of the XPath10ExpressionCompilerBPEL20 class.

TransformerFactory trsf = new net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl();
XslTransformHandler.getInstance().setTransformerFactory(trsf);

But in the case of WS-BPEL_1, I have not found the point of initialization
(_transformerFactory)

To clarify the reasons that I think need to understand the actual
compilation, but it is too difficult for an outsider.

There are project files (my simple ODE WS-BPEL 1 project) in attachment.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p31540876/HelloWorld.zip HelloWorld.zip

Thanks for any information.