ode-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Mahonin <jmaho...@cbnco.com>
Subject OSGI bundle deployment with subfolders issue
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 17:50:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Apache ODE 1.3.5 in ServiceMix, and am seeing an issue with
deploying OSGI bundles with subfolders in them.  I was getting errors
about not being able to find the WSDL file I was referencing from my
BPEL, and saw that my subfolders don't get deployed at all into the
'bpelData/<bundlename>' folder at all.

Looking through
"jbi-bundle/src/main/java/org/apache/ode/jbi/osgi/deployer/OdeDeployedBundle.java",
I see on line 123, the Enumeration is calling 'findEntries' on the
bundle, without the recursion flag set.  As well, the 'copyOne' function
in the same file, starting at line 203, appears to have specific
directory handling set up (that is to say, it ignores them).

In my case, I have various WSDL and XSD files tucked in a 'schemas'
folder, which includes multiple sub-folders as well.  The WSDLs
reference various XSD files in separate sub-folders, and the whole thing
is source controlled and referenced in multiple other projects.  As
such, the obvious work-around of flattening the structure and packing
them in the root directory isn't ideal.

I'm unfamiliar with the internals of ODE, but is there any reason why
the deployment folder doesn't support sub-directories?  If not, is the
fix just a matter of switching the flag on 'findEntries', and tweaking
the 'copyOne' function?

Thanks,

Josh