ode-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Mahonin <jmaho...@cbnco.com>
Subject Re: OSGI bundle deployment with subfolders issue
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 15:37:11 GMT
Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the quick response.  JIRA created and patch uploaded to:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-927

Regards,

Josh

On 11-07-07 02:16 PM, Kurt Westerfeld wrote:
> Josh, I adapted the bundle deployment code from original ODE sources that had a few limitations,
and added the bundle activator that you see today.   The original code didn't handle subdirectories,
and I didn't fix this limitation.  I think there's no real reason why you wouldn't be able
to modify the source and have it handle nested subdirectories--I think it's an oversight that
should be fixed.  My suggestion is to file a JIRA bug report and attach a patch to it.  I
think your assessment is correct that you should only need to deal with the two areas you
identified, although you may find that resolving WSDL imports is a big topic all by itself
and I really don't like the way the code needs to be exploded from bundle form in the first
place.

> HTH,
>
> Kurt
>
> On Jul 7, 2011, at 1:50 PM, Josh Mahonin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using Apache ODE 1.3.5 in ServiceMix, and am seeing an issue with deploying OSGI
bundles with subfolders in them.  I was getting errors about not being able to find the WSDL
file I was referencing from my BPEL, and saw that my subfolders don't get deployed at all
into the 'bpelData/<bundlename>' folder at all.

>> Looking through "jbi-bundle/src/main/java/org/apache/ode/jbi/osgi/deployer/OdeDeployedBundle.java",
I see on line 123, the Enumeration is calling 'findEntries' on the bundle, without the recursion
flag set.  As well, the 'copyOne' function in the same file, starting at line 203, appears
to have specific directory handling set up (that is to say, it ignores them).

>> In my case, I have various WSDL and XSD files tucked in a 'schemas' folder, which
includes multiple sub-folders as well.  The WSDLs reference various XSD files in separate
sub-folders, and the whole thing is source controlled and referenced in multiple other projects.
 As such, the obvious work-around of flattening the structure and packing them in the root
directory isn't ideal.

>> I'm unfamiliar with the internals of ODE, but is there any reason why the deployment
folder doesn't support sub-directories?  If not, is the fix just a matter of switching the
flag on 'findEntries', and tweaking the 'copyOne' function?