ode-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Changes needed post moving to git based repos
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:05:29 GMT
Hi,

We recently got brand new git repos [1]. As discussed previously, jacob
moved to it's own repo [2] which makes it easier to support a lifecycle
separate from ode [3]. The repos are tested and we can go ahead and
continue the work. However a few things need to be done.

1. Jacob, although moved to a separate repo, still exists in the ode
repo, so that builds still work. We told infra that we volunteer to
cleanup ourselves after the migration to git. So the jacob directory has
to disappear from ode. But for that we need to...
2. Release jacob from its new repository. We need to start pushing asap
at least timestamped snapshots (and fix the dependency in ode). So first
we should...
3. Provide a build environment for jacob. I already fixed the pom.xml,
so jacob builds fine now. I would strongly recommend to stay with maven
for jacob (continue to use buildr for ode). So what is left to be done
is adding a bunch of profiles for releasing and all the other things we
do. I volunteer to do that if no objections.
4. And while we're at it what about promoting jacob to a well deserved
2.0-SNAPSHOT, especially given the cool json serialization improvements
Tammo almost finished?

The steps above kinda need to be done in reverse order. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Hadrian

[2] http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/ode-jacob.git
[3] http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/ode.git