ode-dev mailing list archives

From Sathwik B P <sathwik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in using onEvent and correlation
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 07:36:54 GMT
Hi guys,

The event handler is initialized even before the first receive is
initialized as it is defined within the process scope. Since the first
receive which initializes the correlated instance hasn't been processed
there is no way for the event handler to know the correlation value. So the
onEvent message will never get routed to the right instance.

I doubt we can fix anything here. if other ODE experts think otherwise let
me know.

Now as a workaround for this problem I would suggest a change in process
design. Put the first receive within a scope and the remaining activities
within another scope and define the event handler on the second scope. This
way the process instance would have been correlated and when the execution
of the second scope starts the even handler would have the correlation
details.

what do you think?

regards,
sathwik