ode-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@talend.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Jacob subproject
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 15:30:44 GMT
Hi,

After a bit of refactoring in Jacob and some more in the pipeline, I
think we'll be close to a release soon. Ideally, imho, a few beta
releases of Jacob would be great, because that would allow for easier
refactoring of ODE to catch up with the changes in Jacob.

Since Jacob is more of a framework, with a lifecycle of its own, it
moved to its own git repository a few months back. However, it did not
formally become a separate subproject, with its own Jira space for
instance. This will hinder releases, as it will be hard to filter out
the jacob jira issues from the ode ones during a release. The easiest
solution is probably make Jacob a subproject and create a Jira space for
it. Deciding on this sooner is important, because the new Jacob is
coming close a release.

Thoughts?
Hadrian

--