ode-dev mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache ODE is retiring to attic
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2019 21:20:46 GMT
Dear ODE community,

Effective on August 21st, Apache ODE has been retired to Apache's Attic.

We have discussed several options after the vote for retirement and decided
that moving to attic is the correct move.

We know that Aaron is working on a new code base with a new architecture.
We highly appreciate his work but given that ODE has no vital community
(users and devs) anymore, a new community would need to be bootstrapped.
Together with the board we felt that the incubator or the labs would make
best home for such an enterprise. Reusing the ODE brand can be discussed
during the incubation process.

It's with a tear in one eye and a smile in the other to send ODE into its
last life cycle phase.

We would like to thank you all, users and devs, for the awesome time we had
together with ODE on our joint journey.

Thanks,
  Tammo and Sathwik