oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simone.trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:12:06 GMT
Hi,

> Does it need to be a separate API, can't it be incorporated into a facet
> of the main one?
>
> The API spec part is small, but the implementation is the complicated
> part here.  Plaintext & HMAC are trivial to implement in Java, but I
> haven't looked at the RSA support in detail.

I'm personally still convinced that including the signature
implementation in a separate module is much much better in therms of
design, I've experienced at least 3 options in the past and that's the
option that takes the design as clean as possible.

> I'd make a single API spec which incorporates everything, (each one will
> be quite small otherwise).  We can load a client or server component
> from a factory object to get the appropriate functionality.

Agreed, as long as we'll provide client/server implementation in
separate modules.

>> (default in-memory data structure can be replaced by custom
>> implementations);
>
> IMHO the /core/ of the library should be just the code for servicing and
> providing the terminal points for interacting with clients or service
> providers.

In the provider there are some needed Data Structures to maintain and
check the user key, nonces, timestamps, ... that could be based on n
frameworks, we could provide the "in-memory" base implementation,
letting users defining their own.

Simo