oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Feng <cyberf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving forward (proposal) [was: Questions for projects]
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:37:35 GMT
Hi, Antonio.

Thank you for driving the efforts.

Can we run a quick scan of the code base to understand which part of the source was from Univ.
of Newcastle?

Raymond

On Mar 12, 2012, at 6:41 AM, Antonio Sanso wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> as you probably know at this stage seems that we are kind of stuck due this IP clearance
issue.
> My understanding is also that people might be "afraid" on committing code to the current
trunk/oauth-2.0 since there is a risk that the contribution might be "lost" due IP issues
(question: how much "real" is this risk??).
> Taking the risk to be a bit harsh here I'd have the following proposal in order to move
forward (please do contradict me if you do not agree or have any other proposal):

> - I'd focus contribution on brand new area/modules avoiding IP related issue.
>
> IANAL and I could be totally wrong here so I'll try to articulate my proposal with an
example.
> AMBER-41 [0] is a brand new topic not implemented in Amber. If I'll create a new module
e.g.  oauth2-resourceserver.mac that leverages other module oauth2-resourceserver, oauth2-common
we should be "safe".
> Namely if one day we NEED to rewrite oauth2-common from scratch (again this is just hypothetical)
we can keep oauth2-resourceserver.mac  .

> WDYT? Apologies again if this sounds kind of pessimistic but I have been taught to "hope
for the best and plan for the worst"